
Okay, okay, so maybe that ain't exactly the most clever headline you've ever seen, but we (the royal we) here at Eat My Dump pride ourselves in our TRUTH IN ADVERTISING. And these yahoos above certainly are NOT Devo. But they are kinda interesting. What I hold in my pretty little hand above is a 45 rpm release by the Hotfoot Quartet, a seem to be a bunch of Ohio residents doing a dandy little bluegrass (!) version of the Devolution-kings smash hit, Mongoloid. Now lest you think I'm pawning off some modern day "pickin' on" bullshit here, please be advised that this piece o' wax emerged on this realm in 1979, thus making it roughly contemporary to the original Devo 45 release. Hot Damn! And if you click on the little blue link below, you can hear the track (and its non-Devo b-side) in all it's dubbed-off-my-scratchy-45 glory!
Thank you, your majesty.
ReplyDeleteI've been dying to hear this for a long, long time.
I'll have to find somewhere I can access mediafire.
Cheers,
Marc (Canada)